What is SATOP?
The Substance Abuse Traffic Offenders Program (SATOP) is an education and treatment option for consumers arrested in the state of Missouri for alcohol and drug related offenses. A judge may order SATOP for a variety of reasons, including DWI, DUI, public drunkenness, minor in possession, etc. SATOP is, by law, a required element in driver license reinstatement by the Department of Revenue.
SATOP provides services to individuals who have had an alcohol- or drug-related traffic offense(s). Screenings are offered at each of our locations. OMU is the Offender Management Unit this is where you will be screened by a professional to determine which program you fit into. The cost for this is $375.00 (non-refundable), $249.00 of this money goes to the State and $126.00 is your OMU charge. This process will take approximately 1 1/2 to 2 hours. You will take a test on a computer and then meet with a counselor. This screening is good for six months. During your meeting with the counselor they will: review driver record, review breath alcohol concentration (BAC) at the time of arrest, review the results of the computer-interpreted assessment, and complete an interview with the you. Please note that once a SATOP level has been completed it cannot be repeated without state approval. All fees have to be paid prior to starting the program.
Our SATOP service levels are: OEP, WIP, CIP, SATOP IV, and SROP.
• OEP is the Offender Education Program for first time offenders that meet all criteria. It is offered the second weekend of the month in Cape. The cost is $130.00. This program is 10 hours long, and is offered in two time blocks. This is usually held Friday evening and on Saturday. This is intended for low risk offenders.
• WIP is the Weekend Intervention Program for second time offenders that meet all criteria. It is offered the fourth weekend of the month in Cape. The cost is $467.45 maximum to $250.00 minimum. This program is 21 hours long, and is offered over a 3 day time frame.
• CIP is the Clinical Intervention Program for third time offenders that meet all criteria. It is offered weekly. The cost is $1067.42 maximum to $250.00 minimum. This program is 50 hours of outpatient rehabilitation for high risk offenders.
• SATOP IV is SATOP level 4 treatment for offenders that meet criteria. It is offered based on counselor availability. The cost is a minimum of $250 with no maximum. The program is a minimum of 75 hours of outpatient rehabilitation for high risk offenders.
• SROP is Serious and Repeat offender program for offenders that meet criteria. It is offered based on counselor availability. The cost is a minimum of $250 with no maximum. The program is a minimum of 75 hours of outpatient rehabilitation for high risk offenders.
Any charges above the minimum will be based on offender’s ability to pay determined by a “sliding scale”. If you are a Missouri resident, you may be eligible for reduced costs for the service level programs.
***Offenders arrested resulting in an Abuse and Lose or Zero Tolerance charge need to inform their OMU, processing may be different than offenders with other charges.
After your referral is assigned, you have the right to:
(a) A “second opinion” by some other OMU where you will pay another service fee but no additional supplemental fee. The referral made by the second OMU will be considered the “referral of record”, and must be acted upon.
(b) You may, through an Associate Circuit Court, request a “Judicial Review” of your SATOP referral. You will be responsible for all related court costs.
- Register Now -
Don't Be Shy. Get In Touch.
If you are interested in learning more about us, send us an inquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can!